SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

YOUR steam shower ceiling experience

uscpsycho
8 years ago

I know the tile association (whatever it's called) says that steam shower ceilings should be sloped 2" per foot. There. I said it. Let's not go over that ad nauseum.

I've read numerous people online who said they have flat ceilings in their steam shower and were never dripped on. However, that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other people who have been "rained" on and regret having a flat ceiling in their steam shower. But I have yet to find a first hand report of this phenomenon by anyone online.

In fact, here is an unscientific experiment suggesting that there is no need whatsoever to slope a residential steam shower ceiling. I've read several professionals say that sloping is only necessary in commercial steam showers that are always on.

So I'm hoping to hear from people who have/have used steam showers with a flat ceiling. Did you have any condensation dripping on you? Enough to make you wish you had sloped the ceiling?

Again, I don't want to hear about the theory of why you want to slope a ceiling. What I want to hear is from people with first hand experience. If you don't, please refrain :-)

Comment