SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Are you preparing for the worst?

Funkyart
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Like Holly-Kay mentioned in another post, our forecast for snow this weekend is.. yes, it's going to snow.. how much? Could be 4" .. could be 24+"

Typically, I wouldn't do much to prepare-- I'd make sure that I had coffee, half and half and beyond that, I wouldn't be too concerned. This weekend, though, I had agreed to keep my adult nephew (who is developmentally disabled) overnight on Saturday. This has now changed to be both Friday night, Saturday and Sunday... possibly longer if his mom's flight home is canceled. So I find myself in the need to stock up on food. I loathe the idea of going to the store so I just completed an online order that I will pick up tomorrow evening. So ridiculously lazy.. but it's what I am going to do to maintain my sanity amid the bread and milk shoppers.

I should pick up batteries and candles but I will just make due with what I have. I don't have to worry about losing heat as I have a gas fireplace. My bigger concern if we lose power is how I will entertain my nephew. He doesn't read, doesn't enjoy art, isn't able to play most games (at least not the ones I own).. I suppose I should pick up a deck of cards.

What, if anything, will you do to prepare for the possible large dump of snow?

Comments (57)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!