SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macroclemys

Lemon Star X Christmas Story

macroclemys
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

The true color is close to the first photo, the second photo is a little too yellow.

In the background of the first photo is a scape from another seedling from the same cross. I'll probably miss it because I will be travelling for two weeks, but I am relieved because that one has a second bud emerging, so I will have a chance to see that one.

H. 'Christmas Story' was a single white purchased at a local home store. That name doesn't seem to exist anywhere, and appears to be Athena. Anyway, that one was virused and has been disposed, but its frozen pollen has sired quite a few seedlings.

I suspect people may be incredulous to hear that both of these seedlings are just under two years old. But I keep detailed records, and I did not own any yellow varieties before the winter of 2013/2014, so I am quite certain of this. They were grown under lights in a crowded pot for the first year and then I transplanted the largest two seedlings into a large pot which I sunk in the ground to grow over the summer. The rest of their siblings are in the ground fighting to survive this week of freezing temperatures. I have too many seedlings to keep in pots, so I am using a little natural selection to do the work of developing some relatively hardy varieties.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions