Help! Can built in wine coolers be stacked?

dparris

I had a wine cooler and a refrigerator that matches installed into a game room in a home that I was going to rent to others. I took my expensive built in's and put them in my new home. They were too big to build into the cabinets so I have them sitting in a corner now. I am thinking about placing them in my garage and wondering if they can be stacked? Does anyone know if this is possible? I just don't want to take up too much space in the garage and stacking them would save floor space. They are a high end GE model. They look nice but should be built in.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac92

Why not?

Save    
Annette Holbrook(z7a)

If the venting is on the front, then yes. If it is a unit built for undercounter use then the venting is on front-

Save    
vintnerd

I agree with Annette; if there is venting in the front, the units should be OK. However, if you're dealing with thermoelectric cooling fridges, this would not be a good idea as heat would build up and wr

Save    
wilsonzack49

If your wine refrigeration is a non-ducted split system or ducted split system, it will be okay for you to stack your coolers in your garage. But if you need professional help, you can always consult with an experienced service as I understand you don’t want the taste of your wine to be compromised.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
Home Tech Ice Cubes Are Obsolete! New Technology Is Way Cooler
Chill drinks the smarter way than using messy old ice, with these new home tech solutions
Full Story