SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
invisigoth

Rosemary and Thyme Identification

Naveed Iqbal
8 years ago

I got these seeds from a seed store and I planted these about three weeks ago. Both of these pots had soil in which I had previously grown coriander and after harvesting it I left the pots drying for a long time. Before planting the thyme and rosemary seeds I mixed the soil from both the pots and redistributed into the same pots and added a layer on top of my home made compost. I could see some coriander seeds but was sure they weren't going to germinate since they were already food grade and didn't sprout so well when I first tried growing coriander.

However, now that a lot of the seeds have sprouted I can see a coriander plant in each pot. I guess i'll leave these be and clip off when they grow big enough to be harvested for use [Please let me know if this is a bad idea]. But as for my original intention of growing thyme and rosemary I am a bit confused about them; the rosemary pot below has a different looking plant next to the coriander but I am not sure if it is rosemary when comparing with photos of rosemary online.

Could somebody identify what the plant (next to coriander) in my rosemary pot is? And also please tell me if the sprouts in the thyme pot are really thyme.

Rosemary Pot:

Thyme Pot:

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting