SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jes_lynn

EDEMA, yellowing true leaves nooooo help my babies!!!

8 years ago

Alright. Vietnamese peppers... One that's a couple months old, and 15 that are 4 weeks. Built a grow box with a 5000 flourecent strip light with some foil around it. Things were fine till I left the light on too long one day and came home and they were dying for water... The big one (I call her queen Sheba) was so thirsty when I hit her with water one of her bottom leaves clap-trapped around it in a tight roll and I couldn't undo it even with a pin... Safe to say I was freaking out. I shut the light off and moved her in to the shade with lots of water and figure the leaf was done... Few hours later I walked by and the leaf was completely spread out without even a curve!! SO COOL how these things work!! Ok so now the problem. I noticed some of Shebas leaves were REALLY starting to curl. 911 Google. Said could be from too much moisture... I figured it was from sticking it in with all the babies and not enough circulation. I ripped the tin foil off and have kept a fan on them ever since. It seems to have helped with the curling, but the edema is still on the undersides of some of Shebas leaves and some of the larger babies. Now I noticed it looks like on the leaves that were curling that the edges appear to be dying. Everywhere I hear "over watering over watering!!" Way early on I had a mold issue with sheeba so I try to keep watering to once a week, and I usually hit them with miracle grow at the same time. I have come to the conclusion I think they are dying for water. I have planted them in completely clear cups so I can see moisture, root activity, etc and these babies are dry to the bottom and I just watered them a few days ago. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I feel like the center (where my true leaves sprout) on all them are getting really light green..and another reason I don't think I'm watering them enough is because they are doing some serious "leg work".. Their roots are traveling to the bottom way too fast, and I'm gonna guess in search of water. Soooo... Duno what to do about the edema... Haven't really found any fixes about that... Annnnd not sure I should be letting them get so dried out...and now yellowing at the true leafs and crisping at some edges PLEASE these are the first things I've ever EVER grown I sit here and stare at these babies every night lol. I'll be devastated. Any help would be appreciated

Comments (19)

Sponsored