SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
5pacey

Why do Gaggenau BS & BM ovens not have bottom heating element?

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

So I've been doing serious mind melding last few weeks in order to decide between Gaggenau and Miele 30" wall oven stack (Microwave or Steam Combi+Convection Oven + warm drawer)... comparing features, specs, looks, feels and anything else I can come up with. Other than swanky(ier) look & general feel of being chiseled from a solid slab of metal (more solid thump kind of feeling) and higher cache level for Gaggenau, which are really mostly rather personal taste, there are two User/Technical/more tangible differences.

1. The obvious - Miele has MasterChef meaning/recipies etc... and Gaggenau does not have anything of the sort. You can save personal recipes in both, but if you don't know what the recipe is suppose to be then that does not do you much good ;)

2. Less obvious - Miele Combi (both Microwave and Steam) ovens have all 3 heating elements - Top (grill), rear (convection fan) and bottom (traditional bake). All can be utilized or none. Gaggenau combi ovens on the other hand have the top (grill), rear (convection) but do not have the bottom.

Any thoughts/ideas why this would be and does it matter? Technically, in my nerdy mind it should matter no? But then again... if Gaggenau says it doesn't then who am I to argue ;) That said... Miele 3 elements just seem more complete... and @ roughly 1/2 price.

Comment (1)