SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dandyrandylou

SAD, SAD NEWS FROM PETA

dandyrandylou
8 years ago

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent me literature causing me to break into tears and weep for some time. They included their rendition of a letter that I am to sign and send to National Institutes of Health that reads like this: "I am disgusted to learn that the National Institutes of Health gave more than $3million to fund a series of cruel experiments in which cats were drilled into, deafened, and killed at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I'm concerned that even after this cruelty was exposed and ended, you continue to direct billions of dollars to other experiments on animals. I urge your agency to end its financial support of these cruel experiments and divert funding toward humane and more effective non-animal research projects."

Included were photographs of precious cats with large hideous metal, wire, posts and tube contraptions imbedded in their heads and bodies which looks as if they'd no way to move, eat or exist without pain.

I am pleading that anyone who cares about animals takes a few minutes to express their concerns to: Francis Collins, M.D.,Ph.D, Director, National Institutes of Health via email or PETA, P.O. Box 96684, Washington, D.C. 20090-6684 who will forward your comments to them.

I plan to do both with a few chosen words of my own as this part of human nature is truly beyond my comprehension and hurts my very soul. Thank you for any participation or comments.

Pink

Comments (4)