SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

Drift rose review as seen in my yard

I'm sad about my drift roses. Love the flowers and they flower a lot. I had no black spot but some anthracnose not too bad on most of them. The mildew resistance is not good and mildew is ugly.

Sweet Drift is mildew king here. Have had this one for 2 years and it is covered in mildew spring thru fall. It is standing out there now still covered in mildew now with matching snow flakes. All my over drifts were new this year.

Pink Drift, Love this plant and flower and it had almost no mildew.

Red Drift, My 2nd favorite will stay for another year. Did well keeping mildew at bay.

Coral Drift, It's already gone. The salmon coral bed is filling up fast and I like Coral Flower Carpet better it has no mildew or black spot and fades nicely. Coral Drift mildews and I did not care for the faded flower.

Apricot Drift will be staying. It does mildew but the freshly opened flowers are gorgeous. Almost luminescent and caught my attention more than once.

Peach Drift had a lot of mildew thou not as badly as Sweet Drift. When covered in fresh flowers it's really pretty. Cool weather flowers are the best. Ugly harsh looking faded flowers. Temporarily moved to hot colored bed. Will decide next year what to do with it.

Since I also have all of the Flower Carpet Roses. I stick my neck out and say they do better in my growing conditions. They have no mildew problems here in mildew heaven. Very little to no black spot. They can get anthracnose but not bad.

Drift roses also can get anthracnose Apricot had the most. We shall see how next year goes. For now my opinion is if you live in mildew land and want to try a Drift rose get pink or red and boy do they flower up a storm. Next opinion, Flower Carpet roses are excellent choices for my area. The down side is that they are very large roses here.

Comments (5)