SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aquaeyes_gw

OGR suggestions for NJ Church Cemetery project

AquaEyes 7a NJ
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I started a previous thread -- Tree-eater suggestions for NJ Church Cemetery project -- but am starting another at mad_gallica's suggestion. Please see that other thread for more information, as well as pics of the site.

For my "first wave" of roses, I'm looking at once-blooming OGRs to serve as "anchors" for further planting of companions and (later) some repeat-blooming OGRs. I've compiled a long list of Albas, Centifolias, Damasks, Gallicas, Hybrid Bourbons, Hybrid Chinas, Mosses, and Species and Species-Hybrids that would be both date-appropriate and are available either by my own propagation from material at one of the Botanical Gardens in NYC or for purchase from US nurseries. So, at mad_gallica's suggestion, please help me with recommendations for those which perform well for you. And please include your area, and particulars about your garden. As mad_gallica said, I should delete from my list anything which likely won't do well here. And if you have suckers or cuttings you'd be willing to donate for reimbursed shipping, all the better! My email is cgordon2@buffalo.edu.

Thanks in advance to all.

:-)

~Christopher

Comments (9)