SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jderenski

Phalaenopsis root color

Hello,

I am new to orchids, and I was gifted with a blooming Phalaenopsis a month ago. In that time, the plant has continued to bloom, and appears to be doing well. However, I am concerned about the color one or two of the roots are turning. In particular, they appear to be turning a brownish color. I've felt the roots that are doing this, and they are still firm. The plant grows in a pot that does not appear to have a drainage hole, but there appears to be an additional plastic insert in the pot, and that probably has drainage holes. The plant is placed near a west-facing window, and gets a good amount of indirect light throughout the day, with the most intense being for a few minutes at the very end of the day. I water the orchid when I notice the roots turning silver (every 5-7 days). Is there anything more I should be doing for my orchid?

Below are a few pictures of the orchid (I am aware of the withered root in the background of the second picture, the plant came with the root like that).

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting