SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbehazinb

Do It Yourself WOW

I found this in another forum. I think it is very interesting. So I am trying to do a similar thing here, in Growing Tomatoes Forum.

The idea is SIMPLE and costs almost nothing, in terms of Dollars spent. Here is how the OP (jkirk3279(Z5 SW MI) )explained it: Thanks JKirk !

------------>>>Take six or seven 2 liter bottles. Group them around one in the center so you have a circle of bottles.Duct tape the group together at half-way up.Now pull out the center bottle so you have a kind of 'donut'.Put in the garden over a new tomato transplant. Fill with water from your hose.Instant Wall-O-Water.Cost, 10 cents deposit each in Michigan, plus duct tape.<<<< --------------------------------------

My Comment on that forum :

>>> The idea is clever. All you need to buy is some duct tape or any
water/weather proof tape.You can even use twine chain. 7 bottles will
make one WOW...wow!!I would add another improvement : WRAP THE FINAL WOW WITH SOME CLEAR
PLASTIC. I think this can improve the greenhouse effect and prevent
air infiltration. An it can be a bit taller too.Somebody suggested painting the NORTH side of your WOW black. That is
a great idea, me thinks. You don't get any direct sun from that
direction. So BLACK can even absorb heat without direct sun and it won't
radiate heat at night.

OK. Starting tomorrow , I am collecting 2 liter plastic bottles. ...<<<<<----------------------------------------------------

I hope you find this useful.

Any other suggestions, comments ? Feel free to join in. Lets get ready for the next season.

Sey

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting