SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

Charity dinner theme ideas?

terezosa / terriks
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I wrote a while ago that I am the decorating committee chairperson for a Gala event for a local organization that deals with children who are victims of crime. The original theme was Arabian Nights, but that was nixed because of the troubles in the Middle East. Then they went with Moroccan Nights (even though that's in the Middle East too), but we would still be able to use the same decor. This morning that theme was out, and Midnight at the Oasis was in - still allowing us to use the same decor. This afternoon I learned that it has been decided that anything remotely related to the Middle East is out, as is any kind of decor that looks middle eastern.

Soooo, we need a whole new theme - something that has no geographic references. Has anyone been to an event with a nice theme that is fairly easy to decorate for? We do have a pretty strict budget; I like to keep the centerpieces to about $10 each so that we have money other parts of the room. And I'd like to have something that lends itself to something a little colorful, as last year we did a Roaring Twenties theme with black and white decor.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (19)