Ideas for Christmas gifts for kids/grandkids
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Christmas Gift Idea's for LARGE group...
Comments (5)I LOVE gift cards and we give them to a raft of Grandkids and Nieces and Nephews!!!!!! I even LOVE to get them myself!! We get Target cards for all the kidlets, and they seem to be well pleased with them!! We have also given gift cards to music stores or Borders, and they liked those too! Food is another thing that has gone over well...I collect up fun containers all year around and then depending on the size of the container, we fill with M&m's, homemade cookies (choc chip) or other types of candies. One DSIL gets bubble gum in his!! For the adults I usually make gift baskets with bath stuff for the gals and movie night things for the guys, with a gift card to Movieland rental place. I also make shower towels for kids and hair towels for the ladies. A big hit with the guys a couple of years ago, were denim pocket things that fit a 5 gallon bucket. I got the buckets for free from a restaurant(white plastic) and made a carrier that fit over it that had lots of pockets for tools etc.. One pocket was sort of "bulgy" and had magnet strips on the back of it. Good luck on ideas...we have a huge blended family from 4 mos. old to 85 years old...gifts are a challenge!!...See MoreHelp with unique Christmas gift idea
Comments (5)Last yr. I made my g'kids calendars with pics of them & our activities tog from the year...but instead of just doing a pic, I printed off "coloring sheets" ... you can do this in some software programs ...and then I took it to a copyshop where I had the plastic circular spinal binding put on...think it was like $3 each or something like that. Anyway, the "coloring-book pics" are kind of funny cause they turn cartoonish...& the kids enjoyed looking at them...as well as the adults. Just an idea...you have a good one, too...altho I don't know if the 4 yr or 7 yr can appreciate how good your idea is! Time flies for us it seems but 2-l/2 wks. until Christmas is an ungodly amt. of time for my 9 yr. old GS! Of if my 12 yr old GD had a $25 shopping spree coming in May, I don't think she could stand the wait! Good luck with your project! Jeanne S. (if you do Photoshop, you can get an idea of what your pic would look like color book like). Jeanne S....See MoreNon-Material Christmas Gift Ideas??
Comments (7)My young nephews have already told me they want the pants with all the pockets that zip off into shorts. They are about $30 for a nice pair so I'm looking for them on sale. I guess it's a hot cool item for kids to wear right now. My folks have said the same thing - don't buy them anything cause they have it all by now. They did say that we could get them exotic food items. So I'm thinking of going to a specialty store and pick out some items like smoked salmon and cheeses etc. I enlarged a nice picture I took of all their grandkids and put it in a nice quality frame. I then bought several matching frames but am leaving them empty and they can fill them with photos they already have and do a nice grouping....See MoreGift ideas for adult kids' Christmas "grab bag"
Comments (17)I always have trouble with the boys-- my db and bils. I got them all yeti coffee tumblers. I ordered the 30 oz size and laughed when they arrived because they were so ridiculously big. One of the orders ended up being delayed so I bought another locally and when the package arrived, I kept it for myself-- I use it ALL the time! I love the big size and while they do keep coffee warm, they are even better at keeping drinks cool! I now have 4 of them for myself! some other ideas.. a milk frother, cards against humanity, nostalgic candy from their childhood, lens cleaning cloth/cleaner, travel pepper grinder (one of my fav gifts ever), a new or favorite book, an artisan cocktail book, stone drink cubes, heirloom beans or rice, battery tester (I just had a conversation about how I need to get one-- I always used my tongue!)...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

HOLIDAYSGift Wrap Ideas That Add a Personal Touch
Give more meaning to your gift giving with these simple but creative designs
Full Story
DIY PROJECTS3 Easy DIY Gift and Wrapping Ideas
With the holidays just around the corner, consider these creative ideas for presents and gift wrap this season
Full Story
MOST POPULARHoliday DIY: 25 Ideas for Make-Your-Own Decor and Gifts
We show you how to create cute and clever Christmas and Hanukkah gifts, ornaments, wreaths and more
Full Story
CHRISTMASLast-Minute Holiday: Quick Ways to Personalize Your Decor and Gifts
See how to put on a finishing flourish with a simple stick of chalk and how to put together a kit for an adorable edible snowman
Full Story
HOLIDAYS5 Gifts for the Home They'll Love — That Cost Next to Nothing
Print your own gift coupons: Offer your time and skill for presents your loved ones will really use
Full Story
CHRISTMASGift Giving the Simple-ish Way
If buying holiday gifts drives you to the spiked holiday punch, try these easier but still rewarding traditions
Full Story
HOLIDAYS50 Ways to Wrap Holiday Gifts in Style
Here are all the tools and trimmings you need for your best-wrapped gifts ever
Full Story
ENTERTAINING20 Fabulously Thoughtful Host Gifts
Convey your gratitude (and maybe earn repeat invitations) with these useful gifts that show your host you care
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSHoliday DIY: Mason Jar Forced Bulbs and Evergreen Gift Tags
Learn how to make these winter projects from the book ‘Garden Made’ by Stephanie Rose
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Geeky-Cool Gifts for Kids
Boost your kids' brainpower this holiday season with toys that aren't just fun — they're truly smart choices
Full Story
Michael