SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas1home1owner12

Need help with terrible neighbor

So my family and I have been living in the same house for about 20 years now. We never have issues, keep the yard and house in good shape, and have three daughters who have grown up in this house and neighborhood without any issues.
Before I continue with the current issue with my neighbor, I first have to go through the history of the guy. He has lived here for about 10 years and continuously has troubles with the law. He has been arrested a few times for domestic assault of his wife twice, and then his girlfriend after his divorce. In one of these cases, his wife ran to the neighbor across the street asking for help. Neighbor let the woman in and the guy, who was drunk, proceeded to break a window in order to get his girlfriend out and assaulted the nice man who was trying to do the right thing. Sadly, this nice neighbor was too nice and/or afraid to press charges to the man did not get in as much trouble as he should have.
As you can guess, we have no contact with this terrible neighbor. We do not want our daughters anywhere near him or the rest of his family, who also cause issue, have been arrested, or terrorize the neighborhood. His children, with the guidance of him, play soccer and football in front of our house and throw/kick balls near are cars on purpose. This neighbor isn't directly across from us, but he's catercorner. When we try to talk to him about his kids and if he could please have them play somewhere else and not near our cars, he says no they don't do that and we can't do anything about it. We have also found dents, scratches, marks, and anything else you can imagine on our cars, but there's no way we can prove it was them, but they miraculously appear overnight. So, in order for us to protect our cars, we have put up three cameras in our front yard with the help of a surveillance company.
Of course, this angered the neighbor even more. The reason for that is because he sells cars our of his front house. We do not know if he even has a license to do that, and I know for a fact that its illegal to do so without one. But if he had one, would he have been so upset for the cameras? He also has about 6 cars in his front-yard-lot, which he likes to park in front of our house, on our lawn, and one time even ran over a sprinkler head. We, again, tried to approach him and ask for him to not park there, and he said he will park wherever he wants because its local parking. We understand that, but at the same time he can park these cars anywhere else on our street, he simply does it to our house because he knows it annoys us. We have called the cops a handful of times because he would park in front of our driveway, making it difficult to get our two cars in there. Cops do nothing, just ask him to move it, which he does after arguing. We have even gone to the neighborhood board asking if it is legal in the bylaws to sell cars in your front yard (interesting note, our neighborhood is not allowed to have yard sales, so isn't selling cars the same thing?) and they say they can't do anything about it.
All of this may not sound like a big deal, but this man is obviously dangerous. He and his new girlfriend have even exhibited their bad temper in front of our 12 year old daughter. One time, the girlfriend even flipped off our daughter and her friend.
So, long story short, I only have one questions. 1. Is there a way that we can find out/ask/inquire/get someone else to see if this man has a license to sell cars? (If he doesn't we will go to the police and inform them, since we have several hours of footage of him selling). Honestly our only issue is that their cars are so close to our house and we don't want him anywhere close. And if anyone has any comments or ways to make this situation any better, that would also me much appreciated.

Comments (13)