SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frmrsdghtr

Please take a peek at my layout. Old, traditional home, 9 ft. ceilings

Janelle Van
8 years ago

Would love some feedback on this. Kitchen needs new everything but windows and doors cannot be moved. I am unable to add open shelving to ikea planner but I hope to have two stacked on the right of the stove (upper) and to the right of the sink (upper). This is the largest home in a low-end neighborhood so we are trying to keep costs down so we don't out price the neighborhood. Which means most likely ikea cabs. Don't plan on living here for long - maybe 2-3 years. Home is all 9 foot ceilings with thick trim and hardwood flooring throughout.
A couple of questions:
Do no uppers in a kitchen with 9 foot ceilings look okay? We don't want to do backsplash to the ceiling which I see in a lot of pics with no uppers.
Do the windows need to meet the countertop?
I was unable to show the peninsula (with bar stools) but that is what we are aiming for. Can I squeeze a little more room out of the stove wall of cabs and reduce the aisle width to less than 4 feet?
Thank you!
http://kitchenplanner.ikea.com/US/UI/Pages/VPUI.htm?LoadDesign=3b54a24698424036a3c421fb10146877&UIContext=SE_Menu&IsSharedDesign=1

Comments (17)