SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trianglejohn

Rainy days and Monday always...

trianglejohn
8 years ago

So. Yesterday I raced around the yard and snapped a few photos of things a-bloomin' so I will have something to look longingly at when winter finally gets here and flowers are rare. First up is a Brugmansia, Angel's Trumpets. I don't know the name but it looks like Dr. Seuss to me. I got it at one of the swaps long ago. I have it in two spots around the house. This one is placed so that it will knock anyone out coming up to the kitchen door with its intense fragrance. The last shot is of my precious Loquat tree that blooms every year and makes tiny fruit that never make it to maturity. One of these years we will have a super mild winter and super hot spring which is what it takes to get tasty fruit off of one of these.

In this photo the house looks white but it is actually cream colored which goes well with the orange/peach colors of the trumpets. (Casalester - my Butia palm is to the side of the brug and behind the Feijoa bush with the blue leaves. I thought it would grow faster than these two but they have crowded it out).

If we only had a "scratch-n-sniff" button on these posts!

Loquat also have a rich fragrance. This tree is on the opposite side of the kitchen patio/deck so it makes kind of a double whammy as far as smell goes. As a kid my family lived in the suburbs of Tokyo Japan and these trees were planted around the neighborhood. We knew them as 'Biwa' (bee-wah). Even there they rarely set fruit. When they did, everybody gorged on them because the season wasn't very long. They taste like a mild apricot with a tropical flavor.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County