SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorkstenia

Some help with ID?

dorkstenia
8 years ago

I'm working up a trade list and am at a loss for a couple... Any help or guide into a good direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance!

#1 Aloe- collected some pups in Port Aransas this spring and they've more than doubled in size. I haven't seen it bloom, but the mother plant was quite tall (at least 3') and the faded bloom stalk was very thick and 'muscular'. Could it be a type of aloe tree?

#2 Aloe- I got this large planting from a friend headed overseas who also doesn't know the type. I've never seen it bloom, though I've had it since last winter (but its soil is quite terrible). The largest is almost 2' tall.

#3 Aloe- small and clumping. I've had these for years but they don't get very large (these are about 5-6"), instead they grow many pups.

#4 Sedum- just got these last month, so I've never seen it bloom.

#5 Crassula? Sedum? These are incredibly prolific, especially since their leaves snap off if you so much as look at it sideways. It seems that every single leaf roots and sets growth within 2 weeks (2nd photo shows less than 3 months from leaf). Blooms 3-4 times a year. Grows pretty compact until bloom, then shoots quickly to up to about 8" in length.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville