SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fduk_gw

Reine des Violettes impostors...

So, I have an RdV and a not-RdV. I know I've read discussion on the topic of the RdV impostors in commerce, but I can't find the thread I'm thinking of where iD's for the various not-RdV's were discussed Possibly it was multiple threads and I've mentally collated them.
Anyway, I thought I had one not-RdV but this year it rebloomed well, so I guess it's not the usual masquerading once bloomer. When I thought it was that one, I'd vaguely planned to sp it and give the permanent pot ghetto space to something else. Since it reblooms, I'm minded to keep it because apart from, I thought, being non remonant, it's a nice rose.

Of course, now I want to know what it is. The photo is pretty true to life colorwise, a deep cerise pink slightly violet ish in some lights, but not remotely purple. The blooms last well and these two photos are generally representative, it doesn't really open flat or show stamens, and it's well scented. I do not have a perfumier's nose or facility for description but its probably a damask side scent I think. I need to take foliage and thorns pictures, the ones I have are out of focus. I will do so at the weekend, should it ever stop fricking raining.

Any thoughts?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!