SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_jean_brown

Carports not allowed?

Debbie B.
8 years ago

I was mentioning the other day to my friend, whose mobile home I'm buying, that I asked the roof over people who are doing a bid on my roof if they would also give me an estimate on a one car carport. My friend, Faith, replied that there is a park rule banning car ports! I told Faith that a) that's ridiculous and b) I see lots of car ports in the park. Faith agreed, and said the rule was made a few years ago and she has no idea why. However, she said the park ownership changed hands a few months ago, and suggested I speak to the new owner.

Have any of you experienced this, or have knowledge of a park with this rule? The only reason I can come up with for banning carports is that they may be built shabbily or not maintained properly and become an eyesore? But mine certainly would not be. My idea was to put down asphalt and build a very nice carport alongside the side of my house and then use the back door as my main port of entry.

I have a mobility disability and I use a walker. It would be easier to exit my car onto asphalt and enter the house via the back door, as opposed to the current system whereby I park on the dirt in front of the house and then have to navigate my way through uneven dirt or mud to enter through the front door. The carport would keep me out of the rain and would also provide some protection for my car from the elements. I don't like the idea of my car sitting out in the snow and rain all winter.

Any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH