SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sixtyohno

Help! We just bought a house.

sixtyohno
8 years ago

We love the house, but the kitchen needs help. It's big, 17x20. The floor is tile. There is a pantry.The appliances need to be replaced and it needs new counters. The cabinets are 10 years old and in good shape. I intend to spray them with my Apollo HVLP, maybe blue and get light colored counters. I am not worried about that right now.

So here are my problems.

I am thinking about an induction push in stove. How do I vent it? I don't like the under cabinet hood that vents back into the room. I can't go through the roof because there are solar panels in the way. There is not a basement for downdraft. I would have to move the stove down to the opposite end of the room to avoid the panels on the roof. The stove would be very far from the sink.

Under the sink is a mess of stuff. There is a water filter osmosis thing and the thing that grinds up stuff. The sink is not deep and I don't like a double sink. I can't do big pots and pans in it.

Finally, there are no drawers. Rockler has all the parts needed to install pull outs. Has anyone done that?

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Laura

Comments (34)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County