SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smitties50

FOSTESS November Giving Swap

smitties
8 years ago

First of all, you must be member of FOSTESS, (Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps), in order to sign up for this swap. Please contact Shirley/sjc48 or Jeanne/sandlapper_rose for details on how to join.

With the month of November and the Thanksgiving holiday upon us, I reflect on all I have to be thankful for. I have made many friends here on Houzz, (Gardenweb) over the many years I have been a member. I have become email friends, Facebook friends, and have even met a few members along the way. My gardens flourish with the many plants and seeds that have been exchanged. I especially love the memories that go along with each plant or item that has been given to me by members. I also cherish the ornaments that I adorn my tree with that are from my garden friends.

With most of us putting up our Christmas tree in the weeks after Thanksgiving, I am asking that we send your partner a Christmas ornament along with a thoughtful card. The ornament does not have to elaborate and I would actually prefer you make it. Not creative? Google ornaments crafts, you will be amazed at the simple things that can be made. I have actually made angel ornaments from a seed package. I have found items that I have simply glue gunned an ornament hanger on the back and made them special ornaments so it doesn't even have to be a Christmas theme. Perhaps something garden related. An ornament hanger glued to a fairy garden item. Think outside the box and think recycled/repurposed. I know our swaps are meant to be simple so it would be good to keep it simple. Make a memory.

During the month I will have some interaction as well with something I call "Where am I" and another game I am thinking of trying. We will also be sharing things we are thankful for.

I hope you will join us and I am asking that you sign up by November 8th and partners will be assigned on the 8th. Please mail by November 21st. That gives you 3 weeks to get your ornament made. You can certainly purchase one if you don't feel creative. The goal is to send something to remind your swap partner of you and our wonderful FOSTESS group. Hope to see you sign up. Margo

Comments (255)