Stainless dishwasher or?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
detergent for Jenn Air stainless dishwasher?
Comments (6)Personally I think the manufacturer recommendations for a specific brand are related to marketing and business partnerships more than what is the "best" detergent. I ignore those brand recommendations. The one thing I do know is that appliance sales people and repair people have always told me not to use a liquid. The liquids contain a wax or something that eventually creates clogs or other problems. I've never tried the tabs because I assume they also contain some kind of waxy substance. I've received free ones in the mail and toss them out. They also seem like a waste of money to make an easy task easier. (Same thing for the laundry pods). I've had a stainless interior Bosch for a couple of decades now. I've always used powdered Cascade and a separate rinse agent. Periodically I run a quick cycle with a cup of vinegar. The interior still looks great. BTW--when I bought my first Bosch, I was concerned that it only had a single compartment for detergent. The sales person explained that most manufacturers put two compartments in so that "they" could sell more detergent. It's unnecessary to use both compartments. I've tried using a single compartment in vacation rentals. Dishes were always clean. I don't know if the Jenn Air has one or two compartments....See MoreStainless Dishwasher front insert
Comments (0)Anyone know where I can get a Stainless Dishwasher front insert and how much they cost?...See Moreswitch to stainless dishwasher before listing?
Comments (28)Tough decision as it depends on your target buyer. Unfortunately, many people would prefer a cheapo SS appliance over a top of the line appliance in white, simply because they don't know better. However, it sounds like your target buyer may be the more artsy type rather than the HGTV viewr, so perhaps they appreciate the white as much as you do. I'd look at condos that sold in your area in a similar price range. You can check for sold properties on www.redfin.com...See More'Faking' a stainless steel dishwasher
Comments (20)I changed one letter on our black dishwasher model number to get the number for the SS version. I then found the part number for the SS door panel for this model on partselect.com or maybe another parts web site. I then searched for the part number on Google, and it led me to eBay. Four days and some disassembly/assembly later, I had an SS appliance. Only problem...the dishwasher is old enough that the control panel is black even for the SS version. It looks dated. But it was cheap for an SS appliance......See More- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGTackle Big Messes Better With a Sparkling-Clean Dishwasher
You might think it’s self-cleaning, but your dishwasher needs regular upkeep to keep it working hard for you
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHow to Keep your Dishwasher in Tip-Top Shape
As your dishwasher goes into overdrive, here are a few tricks for getting your plates, glasses and silverware sparkling clean
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances and Surfaces
Protect this popular kitchen material with a consistent but gentle cleaning routine
Full Story
KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS10 Great Backsplashes to Pair With Stainless Steel Counters
Simplify your decision-making with these ideas for materials that work well with stainless steel counters
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSo Over Stainless in the Kitchen? 14 Reasons to Give In to Color
Colorful kitchen appliances are popular again, and now you've got more choices than ever. Which would you choose?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Sinks: Stainless Steel Shines for Affordability and Strength
Look to a stainless steel sink for durability and sleek aesthetics at a budget-minded price
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNChef's Kitchen Works Hard Yet Stays Pretty
A butler's pantry complete with refrigerator and dishwasher helps a restaurateur contain the mess when cooking and entertaining at home
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Details for a Classic White Kitchen
Check out these white tiles, countertops and accessories, plus a few stainless steel touches, for a pristine-looking cooking space
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Industrial Design’s Softer Side
Dark gray cabinets and stainless steel mix with warm oak accents in a bright, family-friendly London kitchen
Full Story
jewels_ks