SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Dryer repair/clean and vent cleaning day....

MiMi
8 years ago

Ok.. today was the day.. our Samsung dryer would work for about 5 minutes, then just hum. Googled the problem and found the most common problem would be lint build up on the motor not letting it run.... sure enough it had heat caked on lint... I knew the vent pipe itself had to be clogged since towels were taking a long time to dry and it has been a long time since we cleaned it out. It runs up the wall, thru the attic, a long run and hard to clean....there was a massive clog where the vent exits the roof and a bird in it... anyway I am going to try to post photos of what it looked like and the process...Luckily I got to run the blower inside the house while my husband got blasted with the lint in the attic. There is a photo of him right after I told him I was going to hire him out as a vent cleaner now!.. you can see how thrilled he is at that thought...The dryer is all back together now and running like a charm!. I just thought the photo where it says "Big Bang" was just funny... have no idea why it says that...

Comments (6)