SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bleusblue2

When friends ask how you are doing

bleusblue2
8 years ago

I always feel it's my job to tell them I'm OK. Because I am OK and because they are worried that I am not OK. Still, I could tell them I am not forgetting and that I am weeping every day even though it's almost a year. I don't tell them. And I don't want to assume that they don't know that. So there is no point in saying anything but, "I'm fine." Most people are worried about provoking tears so if that happens I have to comfort them -- "It's OK."

When my husband went to the hospital, somehow I was sure he'd come home and then we'd work on his other health problems. So even though I was afraid, I blocked it out. The doctor thought he was doing well and he was scheduled to come home but passed away the day before. And since I thought he was coming home the next day, I wasn't properly afraid for him. I didn't say sweet things to him. I didn't worry about him and comfort him. It's almost the anniversary of his passing and now I remember what we were doing last year at this time, getting ready for the hospital, tests, all that stuff. I'll live with that and pray we meet again.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES