SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hellyea001

Need help with my Mediterranean/European fan palm.

hellyea001
8 years ago

My palm got a bug infestation a couple years ago. The bugs were coming in and out of the crown area. I noticed that the crown was turning brown. I sprayed it with bug killer and neem oil. It seemed ok. I went ahead and planted it in the ground. A month later I found the crown completely brown and rotten. It pulled out easily. I just left the palm in the ground. I watered and fertilized it anyway, fearing that it was dead. The fronds slowly started turning a little brown and spotty. they also got very flimsy. I was sure the whole plant was dead and finally decided to pull it out of the ground. I looked at it this spring and found a little green frond growing out of the side of it. I am pretty sure it is a pup. I am pretty excited. It now has 4 or 5 little fronds. They look like little baby's hands. I have never seen fronds opened up and so little. Does that mean that the main palm may come back or is it just going to grow the pup? Can a pup have more pups or does it rely on the main plant? I would love any ideas or advice.

Comments (2)