SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Vervain Biron Check

Holly- Kay
8 years ago

I have a chair that belonged to my DM and want to have it recovered in Biron Check. On line pics are so deceiving. The Aqua looked like the perfect color way , I sent for a sample but it is a bit brighter than I was hoping......but, while I was bemoaning the fact that it wasn't quite right I put it on an antique chair (one of a set of two) that belonged to my great, great aunts. The,brightness of the aqua looks great on my fuddy duddy chair. I think it would really update the look of the chairs but I have two major questions.

Can a check be used successfully on furniture that has a tufted back? I would like to keep the tufting as they were always tufted. The original fabric was a dark tapestry but DM had them redone probably twenty five years ago in this fabric that is so dull and dated now.

The second question is in regards to the weave of the fabric. The sample is not at all straight. Is that because fabric sites send samples cut from seconds bolts? I don't mind paying for a good quality fabric but I don't want to order it only to find that the fabric is of inferior quality.

Oh, a third question just occurred to me. Is 24,000 rubs (wyzenbeek method) good enough for an occasional chair?

Comments (17)