SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcg123

Mirror and sconces

kmcg123
8 years ago

I am reposting my question now that I have better measurements.

Demolition is underway for my new master bath. Taking out tub and reconfiguring a closet. The only thing I was going to reuse was my mirror. It is a nice 60 inches wide that spanned the width of my old vanity. Sconces were above mirror. Well I just realized now that my new 84" vanity is going to be wider with an 18" drawer stack between two 33" sink cabinets, the ends of my mirror were going to hit in the middle of each sink. I've already ordered a pair of sconces that I was going to flank each side of the mirror.

Help me figure out Plan B! Don't know if I want to go with one wide mirror, with the sconces on either side (also planning on having recessed lighting above) or two mirrors. If I have two mirrors, I think I would need to get another pair of sconces, so there would be a pair for each mirror. I tried drawing out that scenario with two oval pivot mirrors, and thought the mirrors looked too small -- too much space in between. So, my other thought would be to get two mirrors - but wider at around 30 to 32"" .. They wouldn't be perfectly centered over each sink, but rather span each sink plus, plus the 8" to the end of the sink cabinet, plus another 5" to 7", leaving a 4" to 8" gap between the two mirrors (if I've done the math correctly! It would give the illusion of a wall of mirrors and it might be easier to find two smaller mirrors than one large one. If I get an 80 - 84 " mirror, I assume I have to go to a glass and mirror place and have one made.

Vanity will not be wall to wall. There will be a closet to the left of the vanity, so I need a door clearance and there will be about a foot between the vanity and right wall. In the layout below, the vanity will be more or less centered on the far wall.

I don't want them framed, unless it's a chrome or silver frame (sconces, faucets, etc are chrome). My vanity is dark gray, the floor a light gray, the shower wall tile will be white subway. Going for a classic look to fit in my 1926 house.

Master Bath Reno · More Info

Comment (1)