SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timothy_miller01

Caregiver / Help

timothy_miller01
8 years ago

Hi. I just came across this forum and I need your advise. My husband and I sold our house to move in with my MIL. After my FIL passed away.The agreement then ( 10 yrs ago) we took the money from our house and added on to make here MIL suite.
This past Feb. She had mini stroke. The ER here told her to come back 2 days and the MRI cofirmed it. I took her to see Neurologist..he sent to see Cardiologists. About 2 weeks after the mini stroke She started having Panic attacks several enough that we were at the ER 2 a week for 6 weeks. finally she tells me that her Dr. Had cut her back on Ativan but later we found out that she had been abusing the medicine and her Dr. would not give her extras. The last visit to the ER the Dr. Ask me if she wanted to be detox...she went into a facility two night then refused to stay. My Sister-in-law broughtbrought her home. Now she is seeing psychiatrist on output bases. We have dealt with panic attacks not sleeping at night. Since Feb she has not been to church or in activity with people her age. says she wants to die. Her legs are getting weak from just laying in bed or recliner all day. Her primary care Dr. Told her to go to the "Y" and exercise. She always has an excuse for not to go.
This is my problem... I feel like I should move out because it brings me down. Even my niece her gdaughter says I hate coming over because it's so depressing. My husband handles her medicine but I know she is not taking them as the prescriptions are written for. Example..she has a stash of ativan hidden in her dresser. She told me she had to take extra when our pastor came to visit her. My husband brother lives 30 mine for us. He says he works full time and he has already did his part. Help....should I look for my own apartment?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz