SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buildingcasavega

Door from dining room to loggia?

buildingcasavega
8 years ago

In need of some advice here. Our designer is encouraging us to put in a door from our dining room to the loggia. The problem is we are not sure if we will ever use it. As you can seen in the picture, we have a large door already in our great room which is right next to the proposed dining room door. And that door in the plan isn't quite drawn correctly. It is an accordion style door, but it will come with a door that you can open just by itself without opening the rest of the door and that "single door" will be located on the right side nearest to the kitchen. So we have easy access to the loggia and BBQ outside from the great room. But our designer keeps telling us that we would use the dining room door all the time. I just don't buy it. The other fact is that we will have our 72" round dining room table taking up a big chunk of the floor space already, so would we really walk by it when we could just as easily go 3 feet to the left to go out??

In addition to that, my other issue is the expense of the dining room door. If we want it to match the exact same style as our great room door, which we both think would look the best by far, that door will cost approximate $7K...for a door that we may not even use! So I am thinking we just put in a wall with some nice windows instead.

But I want to ask for opinions here in terms of resale. Would it bug you if you didn't have a door in the dining room?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm