SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

New breakfast nook table

Annie Deighnaugh
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Some of you may recall from ever so long ago, I talked about getting a custom made table for our breakfast nook.

Well we finally had it made, and we are most pleased. I got a lot of pushback from the folks here on the shape, but we really liked the shape due to it's functionality, so we stuck with that. The table will comfortably seat 7, 8 if we're a close family.

We went with cherry wood to match the nearby kitchen cabinets. Though we gave him the same stain, it did come out lighter, but I'm happy with it as it allows the pretty graining to show through better. The color also blends nicely with the color in the flooring.

(The table is centered in the space, but I can't get directly across from it to take the picture so it looks off center...but it isn't.)

I also had him lightly distress the top so I won't be panicking about every little dent and ding.

He did a great job with the proportioning of the arch and the taper we had him put on the arch and on the legs.

Now I need to get some new chairs for this side of the table...and I'm going to need him to make me a couple of small bookcases to use as end tables for our FR couch...and I need a new coffee table in the library....

Comments (42)