SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Update on my town home hunting adventure

3katz4me
8 years ago

Thought I would give an update since you all have been so helpful in providing feedback on lower level laundry rooms and potential move to an area with higher crime rate.

So we decided to keep looking not to pursue the place that involved those issues. Last week we found a place online that we decided we should look at. Had the showing this week on Tuesday, made an offer on Thursday and it's a done deal today. Whew - and the closing is 10/22. We will put our current place on the market after we move to the new place - with just enough stuff to get by since our current house will look better with furniture, rugs, etc.

We have a weekend/future retirement lake home and just bought a different one and moved into that in June. Our house in the "city" is on a lovely, private, wooded lot. Our old lake home wasn't - our new one is. So we no longer "need" the home in the woods in the city. I have been looking at townhomes online for a couple years but we just started looking in person after June. We looked at about five places - all quite different. The last one was it. You know how you have that feeling when you walk into a place and you think - this is it!! I thought that when I saw the pictures online and confirmed in person.

Much as I have loved my current home in the woods for the last 23 years (with beautiful kitchen we did ten years ago) I'm really looking forward to the change. We have a busy, full life and no longer have the interest in outdoor work around the house that we once did. Time to move on and let someone else enjoy our house in the woods.

Comments (15)