SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

I've decided I love the art niches!

IdaClaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I wasn't too sure about the art niches in this house before we moved in. Having lived there for just over a month now, I am finding that I really love them. Seems these aren't being done so much in new homes in my area these days, so at first I was a little put off that the builder decided to do them in THIS one, but now I'm glad they're there. We still have a couple of large canvases to hang in the upper niches in the foyer (first we need a ginormous ladder and nerves of steel), but I wanted to share the pic of this niche just outside of our master bedroom.

I adore this framed photo of a 1920s Hopi basket maker. My dad made the frame, so it's very special to me. My brother hung it in the niche for me (it's very heavy), and I just realized last night that the arch at the bottom of the frame and the "shelf" of the niche create the perfect place to display an honest-to-goodness Hopi basket that speaks to the subject matter of the photo. The basket is flanked by two little Navajo pots that I hope my "big guy" DH can keep from knocking off as he passes by.

Little "discoveries" like this just make me so darn happy!

Comments (18)