SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

Preliminary plans for a master bath addition.

roarah
8 years ago

Hi I frequent the decorating forum but have yet to join in baths. We are adding a master bath to our 1920s home. We have a space of roughly 13by8 and are omitting a tub but would like a large shower and we need storage space as well in this small space .

We have a few plans that we are tossing around but need some opinions on if any are feasible, space wise. The first plan is from our GC. He added double sinks but I do not like to share the bath when I am in it so we do not need the double sinks. The room has a cathedral ceiling with a 36 diameter window on the long wall a 48x24 awning window placed five ft above the floor and a regular double hung on left wall.

Here is the orginal plan, there are 7ft builtin cabinets flanking the sinks.

Here is my DH's favoriteidea. He has taken about 4x13 off the side to put in a very small WIC and leaving 8x8 for the bath.

And this is similar to the first plan but with a 3by5 shower and a single sink flanked by wardobe armoires.

Do any of these plans stand out as a better option than the other? Or should I be starting from scratch?

Thanks.

Comment

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths