SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertdance

Fallout from the Fires in California

Most of the fires are in Northern California. We live in a big fire zone here in the Southern California foothills, but we have had occasional rain throughout this year. NOT what is usual, but at least we have had some.

Here is my worry. Hundreds of people have lost their homes and everything they own.

Please think about what you can do to help. I have a lot of clothes that don't fit me anymore. I'll be calling the Salvation Army for a pick-up. I also have sheets, pillowcases and blankets that I don't use. Even pillows too. Just remembered a partial set of dinnerware owned by my late MIL that nobody in the family wants. Someone who lost their home might need it.

This is what really worries me. I worked in collections for a finance company for many years. My job was to be a witness for the in house attorney. Did they default on their loan? Yes. Was the car reposessed on X date? Yes. We would get a judgement which included the right to garnish wages. Mostly the defendants didn't show up in court. Slam Dunk, but one time someone showed up. Their excuse was, "My car was stolen."

I will never forget the judge's answer. "You still owe the finance company their payments. Consider people who lose their houses in a fire. They still owe the lender the house payment."

This sucks, but all these people who lost their homes in fires will still need to keep paying their payments and many have also lost their places of employment.

Lets do what we can! But for the grace of God............

If Salvation Army isn't the best, give us another that won't put our donations in a store, but will actually bring them to the front lines.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida