SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loonar29

What you regular posters may not know...

loonar29
8 years ago

As I frantically measure, debate, discuss, argue. etc with my dh about an upcoming remodel, he is laughing at me because my comebacks over the past couple of months have been along the lines of "Mrs. Pete would like that, or Buehl would probably agree with that, or Funky would disagree with you, or Sophie wouldn't be happy with that, etc etc.

And now I'm taking a moments break, sipping on some wine, and thinking about the impact that all of you regular posters have on the many, many lurkers out there who you don't even know exist! You all have such unique personalities that even though I don't know you, and you certainly don't know me, you have tremendous impact on our regular thoughts when it comes to both kitchens/whole home design.

I began reading these boards a few years ago after dh and I bought a lot and starting planning to build our dream home. Life happened, things changed and although we still own the lot, we found ourselves in a situation where we didn't have much choice in location/neighborhood due to personal commitments.

So we spent a lot of time in the Building A Home, Kitchen, Bathroom, Remodeling and more recently Home Decorating forums. I've know some of you for years, but I never posted, although I ooohed and ahhhhed about many of your suggestions.

It's funny, the day we first looked at the house that we ended up buying, that the very first comment out of my mouth after walking thru the foyer door was "Lavender Lass would like that"......how crazy is that? Maybe not so crazy as I've read her postings for so long.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that even though you don't hear from some "lurkers" that you still have tremendous input into their home decorating/remodeling decisions. Your opinions are valued and appreciated. You seem so very knowledgeable and are willing to share your ideas with enthusiasm and awesome intentions, with yet no financial benefit to yourselves.

Anyway, on behalf of the lurkers, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU. It's scary posting for the first time (especially when you feel you so inadequate compared to you experienced posters). But I felt you should know that when you post your ideas, there are so very many finding a solution that you may never even know exist.

Lavender, if you see this post, know that you were my very first thought in this new to me home!

Ok, back to the wine and tape measure...lol

Comments (21)