SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimfromliny

Hot Sauce....

Jim's
8 years ago

I made my hot sauce today. Face is on fire from leaning over the saute pan, insides are on fire from sopping up the sauce with bread, lol. Sooooo, good, think I will call it, "Fire in the Hole". Going to use is as a marinade/glaze for the ribs on Wednesday. I added a head of garlic, two mangoes, and one pineapple to the mixture, and at the last minute some brown sugar and white vinegar. Just delicious in taste.....

Bhut Jolokia, hanbanero, golden cayenne, chocolate scorpion, fire and regular serrano, and ristra cayenne peppers.

the inside of the chocolate scorpion. Smokey and hotter than hell, it was far hotter than the bhuts. I tried both as I was cutting them up. I eat habanero peppers off the plant, this scorpion was another league altogether. The biggest difference between this and the bhut, IMO, is taste. The bhuts are just nasty in taste to me, nothing but biting heat. The scorpions have a great smokey, slightly citrus, sweet taste that you can detect prior to the oils coating your mouth and throat. Drool issues start almost as fast as the sinuses drain.

Talking to my son on the phone I was not paying attention to the fact that I was leaning over the pan and enjoying the steam provide a derm-abrasion treatment for the next two hours. I added the pineapple the last 5 minutes of cooking.

The end result. I took out a bunch of slices of wheat bread and dipped it into the sauce for lunch. So tasty! Going to add some to teriyaki for the kids when I do their ribs so it isn't too hot for them. It isn't overpowering hot because of the pineapple and mangoes.

Anyone else make their own hot sauce/glaze??

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County