SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tvq1

I'm Baaaack! Living Room Refresh--Plan C!

tvq1
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

A couple of months ago I posted some pictures and asked for advice on our new living room refresh. You were all so kind and helpful, and I received so much good advice.

Then.......life got in the way and I disappeared for a few weeks. But now I'm at a good spot to finish up. I'm happy with the furniture arrangement, and I finally found lamps that I really like! Thank you all for your help!

Here's my last decision--art work over the sofa. It's a big, tall wall--and I'm having a hard time deciding between two pieces.

Here's the almost finished room:

Chairs by the window

The sofa wall--sooo much space on this wall!

Here's one of the pieces I'm considering--it's my favorite. I like the drama and the dark colors. The gold color of his beak plays nicely off the burlap shades on the lamps, the oak floors and the two chairs on the opposite wall. I know I'll definitely need something else along with it. I'm thinking two other items--any ideas? (Of course, I'd actually hang the picture--right now it's just propped up on the back of the sofa)

Below is the other piece--it's HUGE-36 x 54, and would fill up the wall nicely. It's a very close 2nd choice--I like it, but not quite as much as the first. It has some blue tones--which kind of interferes with my desire to have just neutrals. It is very striking, though!

(For some odd reason--the picture posted cropped off on the sides--IRL it's not cropped like this)

It's definitely one of these two--so fire away with suggestions, advice and opinions!

Thanks!

Diana

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!