SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wesp15

Pea Gravel Patio Help

wesp15
8 years ago

I am working on a redesign of my back yard and i could use some help. I am working on an area that will become a pea gravel patio with a firepit that winds around my slab patio and ends at my gate. I began digging out this area which will curve up towards the slab in order to lay the ground cover and then add the pea gravel and realized there were a few issues i hadn't though of. I am hoping someone here with some expertise in landscape design can provide some guidance. thanks in advance!

• Some of the areas of my yard have a slop to them. Specifically the area around my flagstone walkway (see picture below). I feel like i need to keep this slop in order to ensure the water runs away from my house but i am worried the pea gravel will not stay in place when it rains
  • I am unsure how to handle the fire pit. Should i keep an area of dirt rather than digging it out (again, see below) so that the fire pit has a firm foundation or should i build the fire pit on the pea gravel itself. If the latter i am worried that it will shift around and fall apart.
  • In general how level do i need to make the area where i will put the pea gravel

Any help that fellow forum members can provide would be much appreciated! I am a novice at landscape design and may have more questions as i make progress.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting