SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kingcobbtx7b

For those looking for a fool proof David Austin that blooms quick

kingcobbtx7b
8 years ago

May I humbly suggest Lady of Shallot. I planted it back in January and the rose is currently 6ft tall and 4 ft wide with lots of canes and lots of blooms and I have been keeping it pruned back to prevent it completely taking over.

I have about 20 Austins and they all bloom to varying degrees and grow well, but this is definitely the fastest and most robust growing one I have ever had.

Queen of Sweden is also starting to take off on me, I planted it back in April. Albrighton Rambler planted in January as well is finally starting to get going, but part of that was it was shaded by a tree I had to trim.

Golden Celebration and Teasing Georgia are getting going as well but haven't had near the explosion this sucker has.

As for my older ones, my 2 Graham Thomas's are growing but haven't hit their blooming point yet, Falstaff is finally getting some size and bloom to him, Abraham Darby is looking nice and blooms well, Heritage is amazing as ever, Lady Emma Hamilton is getting a slow start, but it and Alnwick rose are both young. Princess Anne is growing well and Scepter D'Isle has suddenly taken off. Sherperdhess is also young so while growing well haven't gotten a lot out of it yet.

No complaints about any of these roses for the Upper Texas gulf coast--zone 9a. GTs haven't started blooming, but they are still getting established.

Again if you are looking for an Austin that will grow big fast and bloom bunches, my experience go with the Lady of Shallot.

Comments (5)