SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabrinatx

About to meet with a drafter, Critique my floor plan

sabrinatx
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I know, I know! Another person drawing out floor plans before meeting with a drafter. I'm not very good voicing my wants vs. my needs and would rather give him a visual and he can adjust from there.

We are a family of 4 (mom, dad and two young teens). We own 5 acres out in the country in South Texas. The house will face North. We're a pretty laid back family. Nothing formal going on for us. We do have friends over occasionally. Over night guest are far and few in between.

One thing is I forgot to add french doors to the office in the foyer. I'm also not sure about the 5' opening leading to the kids bedrooms. Should it be larger opening or smaller? Also will a house that is 2300 sqft need two a/c units? My husband wants two units but I don't know if we really need them. Also I'm wondering about fireplace placement. The living room/dining area will have vaulted ceilings. My first thought was to place it on the end wall and make it tall. But then I don't want to mount our tv on it and I don't want the tv placed on the side of the fireplace. So I moved the fireplace to where it is locate on the exterior wall and will do built ins on the interior wall. Next I'm wondering if I really want two sets of french doors flanking the fireplace or just windows. Thanks for taking a look.

Comments (24)