SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimigunne98

need bubble wrap for my greenhouse....

jimigunne98
8 years ago

I have a greenhouse which is high-dome/ tunnel-shaped, made from 16 ft. cattle panels which I attached end-to-end, then joined up about 5 or 6 to form an arched "tunnel" abt 20 foot long. The peak is 11 ft. high, and floor has an area of about 20 sq. ft. It is covered with 6 mil 4-yr greenhouse film. The problem is that it is worthless for preventing plants from freezing in winter, the insulation properties of this thin plastic are about NIL. It is cost prohibitive to run propane heaters. The only good solution is to cover it with bubble wrap.

Once covered with bubble wrap, I would have to apply another layer of clear greenhouse film. It will take about 1100 sq. ft. of bubble wrap. I don't know if it needs to be the thicker/larger bubble, or if the thinner/smaller bubble type-wrap would be sufficient. Also, I am not finding rolls of bubble wrap wider than 2 ft. so far.... this would be very difficult for such a large structure. Would take a lot more time, and a lot more tape, in such a narrow width! Any ideas on how to best do this? Source at an affordable price?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012