SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kublakan

Let's play: Rose Uno

kublakan
8 years ago

So I've been tinkering with this idea for a new game on here and given all the wonderful pictures on here, I think this "game" (there are no losers, just winners) might appeal to all of us.

The principles are similar to the game Uno. If the previous person posts a picture of a red hybrid tea then the next person either has to post a hybrid tea of another color or a red rose of the hybrid tea, floribunda, grandiflora, mini...variety. All posts must state what kind of rose it is (hybrid tea, floribunda, climber, miniflora...). If someone posts a white floribunda and the following person posts a striped white and red floribunda then the next person has to post two rose pictures containing the same colors as the striped rose that are still floribundas (in other words, stripes are considered draw two). If someone posts a picture that was used commercially and the following person posts the link where the person took the picture from then the person that posted the plagiarized picture has to post four pictures of different colors of the same variety (the draw four). If a person posts a picture of a rose that has a different color on the reverse side of the petals then the previous person to post a picture must post a picture of a rose containing the color of the reverse side of the rose (like the reverse card). If a person posts a picture of a rose that has a blend of colors, then the next person must post a picture of a rose that contains one of those colors found on the blended rose (like the wild card). No one can post the same picture twice in one game. If someone posts a picture more than twice, the second picture is considered a draw four. The game is over when we've reached two hundred posts, at which point the last player's contribution establishes the next game's starter color/variety.

I know, it's a bit more complicated than the Name That Rose Game, but I figured this game could potentially get more players involved.

Let's give this a try!

Elina - Hybrid Tea

Comments (186)