SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman

So.. after 10 years the kitchen floor is going in.

I have beautiful, hand scraped oak floors throughout my house. Something my ex- almost finished. Almost.

That said, I've had OSB floors in the kitchen now for a while. Talk about impossible to keep clean.

I've been collecting interesting pine for a while. 12" wide, 16' long. 2" wide 4' long. 6" wide, various widths. You name it. I've been looking for interesting grain and knots and have finally put something together. Reused lumber, shelving, packing crates, and yes, pallets.

I'm beveling the edges, because a butt joint is (stupid) due to expansion and contraction. This is taking my friend hours on end trying to work with reused lumber with knots in it. Oh, the patience and OCD-ness of a saint. (He's cutting, I'm nailing and will sand and finish.) I've got probably 6 more courses to go.

The good news is the holes where mice come up are being sealed up. I defy these little %&#$*@! ers to get through those layers of wood, underlayment and lots of nails. (God, please. Hear me. That was NOT a challenge!)

So.... when it's done, it will be the oddest, interesting, floor no one else in the world ever wanted. Just like the rest of my house! LOL!

I promise. When sanded, pics.

I am so glad to get rid of this OSB. but now I'll have to figure out somewhere else to strip furniture, stain things, paint, etc. It sure did come in handy! :)

Comments (40)