SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

CarrieB - Philadelphia Demo - day one.

Carrie B
8 years ago

Contractor said he'd be here between 8:30 & 9. It was after 9:30. He showed up in a UHaul with two workers - his son & another young man. They unloaded the window & door from Home Depot. I took one look at the window - a double swing casement and said "uhm, no, I don't want a line right through the middle of my line of sight." He said, "yeah, I thought maybe this wasn't what you wanted. I'll call Home Depot & we'll make it right." He said it might end up being a few weeks to get the right window in. No problem.

They've started demolition enough to see that there's plywood between the tile and the pine floors. We're cautiously optimistic. He's going to leave the tile down to protect the pine floor while the structural work is taking place, so we won't know for sure for a while, but keeping fingers crossed.

The funnest thing was the pile of treasures we found when they removed the peninsula - a couple rocks, some engraved sterling plates, glass (crystal?) items, a couple engraved napkin rings, a burl cigar(illo?) box with one little cigar inside... The young guys thought maybe they were placed there intentionally as a times capsule.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida