SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
afghanchris

Someone please tell me what these are...Lemons/Limes?

Chris Mitchell
8 years ago

So we bought a new house with some citrus trees, and we've identified everything... Except these behemoths. I've heard alot of preliminary assessments but so far I'm not convinced. I'll take as many pictures as you may need to help me. Here's a few facts.

The tree is old. At least 10 years I'd say, though the previous owner didn't know. It's got LONG tall singular branches that grow straight up above the majority of the bushiness of tree. The main part of the tree is probably 8ft in diameter and around 10-12 ft high, with some of the upshoots reaching 16ft+. The fruit is as you see it. LARGE and plentiful, with the tree having at least 50-60 of these in various stages. I'm including a picture of different sizes we have on the tree now. The fruit seems to take FOREVER to ripen, and we've seen them turn yellow. Often when we've cut them open they are VERY VERY DRY and hard, with a THICK Rind and almost ZERO juice. Not sure what to do with this tree or the fruit. Now, I know what a bunch of others have guessed, but tell me what you think?

Chris

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES