SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jml248

Cabinets on Order, now freaking about selected layout

jml248
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Let me preface this with the fact that I have learned making major home remodeling decisions while pregnant is probably not the greatest idea. It makes it difficult to differentiate between hormonal crazy and just overreacting home renovation crazy. Anywhoooo

We purchased (and designed our layout ) our cabs back in January because of a major promo that was running, which allowed us to purchase cabinets we normally couldn't have afforded. At this point I thought I was happy with the layout and I had been lurking on GW for awhile so I thought it we pretty solid.

i do a lot of baking and cooking from scratch and preserving from the garden. It's mostly just me cooking although I am looking forward to cooking with my other family members during the holidays once our kitchen is remodeled.

Now that our Reno is approaching. I was trying to finish layout and organization details (open shelving, work areas, storage locations to avoid cluttered counters etc) and I just couldn't seem to come up with a logical flow, presumably due to fridge sink flow and distance. I remember the reasons I made certain design decisions ( the stove was intended to be a focal point and I wanted lots of counter prep area) but now I'm really worried I've changed it into a dysfunctional layout.

im wondering if I can flip the sink to the other side of the kitchen or if there are any other changes I could make with the cabinets I have already purchased. Or if I am just being crazy and letting my hormones get the best of me.

The only constraints are: can't change the cabinets or range size (48") and kitchen size (the layout already reflects a wall that we are taking down to expand the kitchen), the load supporting beam on the long run that the range is nestled next to.

we have 2 new 30 inch casement windows that will be going on the long run of wall that the range is on. These are not installed yet,therefore location is flexible.

im wondering if I can flip the sink to the other side of the kitchen or if there are any other changes I could make with the cabinets I have already purchased. Or if I am just being crazy and letting my hormones get the best of me and the layout is workable.

original layout

I would appreciate some feedback and outside perspective. I've attached the original layout and the "revised" layout that I cut and pasted . At some point I'll probably also touch base with our designer, just haven't had a chance due to our schedules not jiving.

revised layout (ignore the scribbled notes, they have no relation to this layout)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths