Are You Baking For The Weekend?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
What are you baking?
Comments (56)Trail, that pie looks fantastic! So the granola came out only so-so. I put lots of healthy, hippie type stuff in it so my SD will love it all the same. On the flip side, the applesauce is to die for! I'm not a fan of applesauce but this stuff I could eat all the time. I'm dreaming of pork chops and applesauce! Decided to give my SD the applesauce: Along with the granola: Also made a whiskey pecan tart & a chocolate tart: Made some Cardamom Coconut rice pudding as well. I think I'm calling it a day. I made the cherry pie filling today (like to let the flavors meld overnight) then I'll put it in the pie crust and bake in the morning....See MoreLast Weekend's Baking
Comments (12)Here's the recipe Woodie. My notes: Layer half the batter, then half the plums and topping. Repeat with other half to make a "ribbon" of fruit through the middle. It was a lot of cake.......then the fruit and topping. It makes a pretty full pan....put foil or a cookie sheet under it. (don't ask) I made mine with toasted walnuts....Yum! Plum Coffeecake  Old Thyme Inn Website  You found this recipe on 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook. (www.virtualcities.com) 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup canola oil 2 eggs 1 cup whole milk 3 cups all-purpose flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 6 to 8 plums, pitted and sliced 1 cup brown sugar, packed 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon 6 Tablespoons butter 1 cup chopped walnuts In mixing bowl, cream white sugar, oil, and eggs until fluffy. Stir in milk. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat into other mixture. Spread batter in greased and floured 9 x 14-inch glass pan. Top with rows of plum slices. Combine remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over plums. Bake at 350 degrees approximately 1 hour or until tested done. Cut into squares and serve warm. Deanna...See MoreAre You Baking This Weekend?
Comments (13)I'm working on food for a baby shower my DD is hosting tomorrow afternoon. Today I baked cupcakes and brownies, pate a choux, and a salmon filet for mousse. When the salmon was 10 minutes away from being done, the electric went off, so I left it in with the door closed, and it was fine. The mousse is chillin' in the fridge. While the salmon baked, I was pounding butter for puff pastry, so I stuck that in the freezer, after being assured by the voice on the phone, that the electric would be back on within the hour. Tomorrow I will bake egg puffs, cream horns, and pastry sticks to go with the mousse. The choux will be crisped in the oven before being filled with cream cheese and ham spread. I'll fill the cream horns and frost the cupcakes, in between rolling and baking. I also plan to make a fruit-filled watermelon 'baby carriage', for a centerpiece, and slice cucumber chips for the mousse. My DD volunteered to make individual hummus and veggie cups, and the lemonade. It's almost time to roll out the puff pastry again, and I just noticed that the battery icon on my laptop has a red X on it, as if it isn't charging. I hope the power outage didn't fry my battery--this might be the last time you hear from me for a while. :[...See MoreAre You Baking or Cooking Something For The Weekend?
Comments (19)Just finished baking the last sheet of oatmeal walnut chocolate chip cookies. The sweet potatoes are now in the oven. For dinner, I'm making a copycat recipe for the sweet potato dish we had at Red Lobster a couple of weeks ago to go with the copycat recipe for Alice Spring's Chicken from Outback....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agoMarilyn Sue thanked Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
Related Stories

HOLIDAYS15 Things to Do on a Holiday Weekend at Home
Stay warm and festive indoors and out with these activities to enjoy with family and friends or on your own
Full Story
MOST POPULAR10 Steps to a Happier Weekend
Savor your precious days off while still checking off to-do’s by following this simple plan
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEEasy Green: Weekend Detox for Your Home
A few small changes to your home over the weekend can help improve your health (and your cash flow) every day
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSWeekend Project: Reinvent a Wine Crate
Discover 8 DIY possibilities for these inexpensive but beautiful boxes, then see one handywoman's reinvention
Full Story
ENTERTAININGHow to Welcome Summer Weekend Guests
Thoughtful touches and smart planning will help make your visitors feel at home
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: A Relaxed Weekend at Home
To recharge your batteries, think about what you want to do, not what you have to do, during your precious respite
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: The Joy of Baking
Fill your house with a heavenly scent and your heart with cheer by making time to bake
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGet Organized for Holiday Baking
Before you crack that first egg, establish a game plan for stress-free success
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEHow to Plan a Rejuvenating Home Retreat
Crave a quiet day or a weekend devoted to yoga? Here are 10 steps to have a mini retreat without going anywhere
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGuest Picks: An Inspired Fall Kitchen
20 ways to chop, bake and whisk in style through the fall season and long after
Full Story
User