SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tituslj

How to get rid of weeds permanently.

Titus Lee
8 years ago

Hi, I am currently living in california and I have a weed problem with an approximate 5 x 10 plot of land. It has a lot of weeds growing on top of it and I can't just mow them away since all these weeds are growing on top of this rock bed that the previous owner used to try to prevent weeds. There are two different kind of rocks that I observed, with one being larger sized in colors of orange and white predominantly and the other kind being smaller with colors of red and black mainly. To make things worse, for some reason there is a lot of soil underneath the weeds and in between the rocks of all sorts and sizes, so it was very hard to dig up with a shovel. I cleared a corner and tried to dig out as much soil as I could, but I soon realized there was very compacted soil about 2-3 inches down from the top, so it was very hard to get anywhere deeper looking for the base I was hoping for. I also found a tree stump in the middle of the weeds, it seemed kinda mushy and was quite easy to break apart but it was quite big too, thus I suspect the soil goes much deeper than I can predict.

My goal is to make this plot weed free for a long long time. My dad did tell me to try get rid of all the soil, rocks and weed to try to make a patio out of it but now I think that might not be feasible and would require too much effort to do so.

My question is what should I do now? I'm just getting rid of the weeds by hand (most of them have dried up and died due to summer but there are a lot of seeds around in the soil) but I don't think that would stop the weeds from growing again later.

Thank you for your time.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals