SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbear_15

Decorative beveled glass window

kbear_15
8 years ago

I'm building and am interested in having a nice, small decorative clear beveled glass in the staircase window area. I've read it's much better/energy efficient to hang this separately as a window "covering" against a regular double pane window. My staircase window will be a double hung window, and I have 1 week to decide (windows for the house will be ordered in one week).

My questions are:

1. How do you do this exactly (how do you install the window "covering" against a regular window)? (When is this done? Does it need to be done/inserted when the regular window is installed)?

2. Can this be done if I have a double hung window? Should it cover top/bottom or only one of the two panes, and if so, which one?

3. What size does the decorative window need to be (if installed this way) relative to the regular window?

4. Where can individuals purchase the decorative window covering? (I'm thinking of something similar/to the effect of the following picture below) - doesn't have to be exact, but just to give an idea...

Thank you!

Comments (12)